please do assignment in case ASIC vs Citigroup (2007). this is approved from lecture and other case will not be accepted.
HI6027 BUSINESS & CORPORATIONS
Due date: Weeks 6 to 12
Maximum marks: 20 (20%)
This assignment is to be submitted by the due date via Safeassign –
The assignment is to be submitted in accordance with assessment
policy stated in the Subject Outline and Student Handbook.
It is the responsibility of the student submitting the work to ensure
that the work is in fact his/her own work. Ensure that when
incorporating the works of others into your submission that it
Group assignment – students are to group themselves to a minimum of
3 and a maximum of 5 students per group
Research on an Australian case (not more than 10 years old since the decision by the
Court) involving breach of company director’s/officer’s duties.
Write a report outlining the following:
1. Case introduction.
2. Outline the duties/responsibilities (eg CA s. 181) breached and explain why
the duties were breached.
3. Discuss and critically ANALYSE the court/tribunal decision and the reason
for the decision in view of the Corporations Act.
4. Present the report in class or video recording. Your lecturer will advise which
is appropriate. All members must present on the day or a fail will be
recorded. Presentations will be of a maximum of 5 minutes.
Maximum word limit – 2,000 words
• Submit group assignment on-line (must do Safe Assign Check). Only one
• Please fill in and submit to your lecturer the Corporate Law Rubric Report
in class by Week 5 the latest.
• Each team member also must also submit a Law Peer Evaluation with their
• NO SAFE ASSIGN WORK WILL NOT BE CORRECTED AND THE
GROUP WILL HAVE A MARK OF 0 (ZERO).
• GROUPS OF LESS THAN 3 AND MORE THAN 5 PEOPLE WILL
RECEIVE A PENALTY OF 10 POINTS.
• Proper referencing in accordance with school regulations